I've been in one of these weird purging and organizing moods in the past few weeks. Needless to say, when I get like this, I need to take advantage and get things done because I know this feeling will end . . . . always does!
Today I want to share with you what I've done with my Stampin' Up! framelits and thinlets. If you've been in my Stampin' Studio, you'll seen this before, but I took it one step further!
First, I separated my framelits into three categories - current, mini catalogs and retired. In the past, I've had them all grouped together so sorting them helps me keep up with what is current - and what is not current (an important fact for a demonstrator!) I used some retired 8" x 8" Stampin' Up! photo albums that I had on hand. In this organizing phase, I'm really trying to use things I have on hand, not going out and purchasing more stuff to organize!
Now, this is how I keep each set of framelits:
I put one set of framelits into each page protector. The framelits themselves are placed on a magnet sheet that you can get at Home Depot or Lowe's. They are actually covers for air conditioning and heating vents. Here is a picture of the packaging:
They do have a white backing, but it does not peel off - trust me on this one!! They work great and are reasonably priced! I cut them down to 7" x 7" and mount on a piece of Whisper White cardstock cut to 8-1/4" x 8-1/4" using Tombow Multi-Adhesive Glue.
I was going to do a list for each binder; however, since the lists will change when the new catalog comes out and other catalogs are published, I think it will be easier just to keep them in alphabetical order in each binder and skip the list part. As with any organizing project though, it is subject to change and might be something I do in the future.
If you have any questions, just let me know!