This past weekend, I attended a "shoebox swap" with Stampin' Up! demonstrators up in Northern Virginia. It was an amazing event. What is a shoebox swap? (I'm so glad you asked!) Each person attending creates a card, then puts all the supplies into a "shoebox" (or something similar) and each person gets to make the card! You go from table to table and while stamping, you get a chance to socialize with others. It was just so much fun and I came home with 28 gorgeous cards! The card in this post is the one that I did for the swap. I wanted to use the new Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper (available in April). You know, there are so many different colors in this designer series paper, that I had alot of different choices. With each new package of designer series paper that Stampin' Up! comes out with, I think, how can they get any better. It's just amazing because this paper is so my favorite and yes, I say that about every pack of designer series paper! Go figure!!
I created a video so you can recreate this project which you can view below. I hope you are enjoying the videos. It's a learning process and with each video I do, I learn something else. I feel like such a star! Ahhhh. If there is something you would like to see in a video, please post a comment at the end of this post and I'll get that in production for you!! Thanks so much and enjoy the video!
Here is a list of products used in the video:
- Curly Cute - Clear Stamp Set, Item No. 120510
- Friends Never Fade - Clear Stamp Set, Item No. 120618
- Bravo Burgundy Cardstock, Item No. 105123
- Bravo Burgundy Classic Ink, Item No. 105214
- River Rock Cardstock, Item No. 108640
- River Rock Classic Ink, Item No. 109010
- Marina Mist Cardstock, Item No. 119687
- Paisley Prints DSP, Item No. 122367 (available April 1-30, 2011)
- Dimensionals, Item No. 104430
- Paper Piercer, Item No. 116631
- Mat Pack, Item No. 105826
- Pumpkin Pie 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Item No. 109030
- Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch, Item No. 119275