I've said this before, many times, but it bears repeating -- I love to watercolor! It is so relaxing and I completely forget about everything around me, except the image that I'm watercoloring. I've had a sore neck and shoulders for the last couple of days, not that bad, but just annoying, you know what I mean? Well, after dinner, I told Mickey I was going to go stamp and created this card, along with one more, both of which involved watercolor. It was amazing, but when I was done, I completely forgot about my "pain in the neck". Woo hoo!!! Listed below are the steps on how I created this card.
1. Stamp image using Craft Basic Black ink onto Watercolor Paper and emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
2. Use Watercolor Crayons and an Aqua Painter and color in the image (very relaxing part).
3. Adhere the Watercolor Paper to Elegant Eggplant, then onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
4. Adhere the strip of More Mustard cardstock onto the Autumn Traditions DSP.
5. Use 1/4" circle punch and punch out two circles from Elegant Eggplant cardstock. Adhere the circles to Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Using Paper Piercer, pierce holes into the two Elegant Eggplant circles and insert Ruby Red brads.
6. Adhere the DSP to the Elegant Eggplant card, then adhere the Pumpkin Pie cardstock to the DSP, using Dimensionals.
Watercolor Hint: I touched my Aqua Painter to the flat end of my crayon and then colored the image. Since this is a detailed image, you want the more detailed parts of the image darker. When using watercolor paper, you can add additional color on top of the image that has been watercolored!
Stamp Set Used: Gifts of the Earth (116501)
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Watercolor Paper, Autumn Traditions
Ink: Classic Basic Black
Other: Paper Piercer, Ruby Red Brads, Watercolor Crayons, Aqua Painter, Dimensionals, 1/4" Circle Punch, Clear Embossing Powder, Heat Tool
Tomorrow I'll share another project with you that I created!
Click here to place your order for any Stampin' Up! products on my Demonstrator Website - just click on the SHOP NOW in upper right hand corner!